Thursday 27 December 2012

GKrellM gets stuck near Activities hotspot sometimes

 I have been using GKrellM for some time now, first on openSUSE 12.1 / GNOME 3.2.1 and now on openSUSE 12.2 / GNOME 3.4.2 and i like it very much. But sometimes it gets onto my nerves. I set it up so that it opens on startup and have enabled "remember startup position" but  some times it opens up below Activities hotspot and i cannot drag it to any other position on my screen. I had to right click on it to change to non dock mode and then exit it. Then after starting it would allow me drag it required screen location and then i need to enable dock option and restart it.
GKrellM gets stuck near Activities hotspot sometimes
 Then i looked up the Manual(man) for GKrellM by opening command launcher (Alt+F2) and then use the command "gnome-help man:gkrellm" . In the manual i  found that i can use the "-g" option to enforce startup location for GKrellM like this "gkrellm -g +1221+300" . Since my screen is set to 1360x768 resolution this would make GKrellM appear in right hand side of my screen, right where i wanted. 
GKrellM Man
 All i had to do now is change the start up properties as shown below. I hope this will fix the issue.
GKrellM gnome session properties

No comments:

Post a Comment